MINI’s experimental all-electric vehicle, the MINI E, is being tested in the US, UK, and Germany.
- MINI E Field Trial (MINI.com)
- The MINI E Field Trial (MINI USA)
- MINI E Field Trial (MINI UK)
- MINI E Pilotprojekt (MINI Germany)
- MINI E PROGRAM – Overview of the MINI E program by Richard Steinberg, Manager, Electric Vehicle Operations & Strategy.
Selected owners are leasing the vehicles for one year. Many of them are writing about their experiences. Here are some links to MINI E websites around the world:
- MINI E #005 – Joel Sheiner’s (@jsheiner) Twitter feed from Orange County, California.
- MINI E #006 – David’s (@NoGasMini) Twitter feed from Orange County, California.
- MINI E #014 – Kathy Bakken’s blog includes a few posts about her MINI E.
- MINI E #017 – “Edju’s MINI E Journey aka Honest-E Blog of MINI PIG #017”.
- MINI E #019 – David Van Middlesworth’s blog on his MINI E. Also has a Twitter feed (@DavidVanM).
- MINI E #030 – Roy Par’s blog from California with lots of photos.
- MINI E #053 – Mark’s blog with video and a gallery.
- MINI E #059 – Stan’s blog which is regularly updated.
- MINI E #066 – David A.Kodama’s website about the MINI E and other electric vehicles.
- MINI E #085 – Genesis Energy Corporation’s MINI E charged using solar energy.
- MINI E #111 – Peter Trepp’s blog from Southern California (see videos below).
- MINI E #140 – Todd and Kari from Long Beach, California.
- MINI E #148 – EV Nation articles and charging station and range maps.
- MINI E #161 – Andrew Weisman’s (@aweisman7) Twitter feed.
- MINI E #172 – Twitter feed (@MiniE172) from the perspective of a MINI E in Southern California.
- MINI E #183 – Peder Norby’s blog from Carlsbad, California whose MINI is charged with solar power.
- MINI E #203 – Hal Purdy’s blog (not active).
- MINI E #217 – A blogger from Rockland County, NY with stats, gallery, and pros & cons.
- MINI E #230 – A blog from an artist living in Newport Beach, California.
- MINI E #237 – Roni’s blog from New York.
- MINI E #249 – Cliff Sauders’ blog from Baiting Hollow, New York.
- MINI E #250 – Tom Moloughney’s blog with “the good, the bad and possibly the ugly”.
- MINI E #269 – Michael Graham’s blog from South Orange, New Jersey.
- MINI E #277 – Stu Greenberg’s blog from Long Island, New York. Also a Twitter feed (@stuartist).
- MINI E #304 – Robert Hooper’s blog from Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
- MINI E #339 – Paul’s blog from Queens, New York.
- MINI E #348 – Blog with a lot of photos but not active.
- MINI E #353 – Kevin Silver’s “MINI-E Experience” blog.
- MINI E #364 – “Got Plug?” blog written from the perspective of the MINI E, with owner Don.
- MINI E #380 – Steve’s blog from New Jersey.
- MINI E #402 – A blog by Chris Neff, a “MINI E EVangelist” from Northern New Jersey.
- MINI E #412 – A GM-Volt blog but with additional posts about the MINI E, with introduction.
- MINI E #418 – Sandy Bondorowsky’s blog from Montclair, New Jersey (not active).
- MINI E #458 – “Observations about driving a 21st Century electric car from a quantitative, technical perspective.”
- MINI E #466 – “The Truth About The MINI E” blog by Ken Barbour in Southern New Jersey, with video.
- MINI E #484 – “MAGICC Electric Guru” blog from Madison, New Jersey.
- MINI E #486 – “My Year with an All-Electric MINI” blog by Timothy Gill.
- Charge Station Sharing – A website for MINI E owners to sign up to share chargers.
Below are two stories on the MINI E and owner Peter Trepp, the first Pioneer to take delivery of a MINI E. He has MINI E #111 and lives in Southern California.