Characteristic MINI driving fun is now available in fascinating, sustainable form. The MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4 is the first model of the British premium brand in which a plug-in hybrid drive provides the option of mobility that is purely electric and therefore emissions-free, in addition to offering the thrill of athletic agility and supreme versatility. The job of providing efficient forward propulsion is shared between a 3-cylinder petrol engine and a synchronous electric motor. Together they produce a system output of 165 kW/224 hp. Equally impressive is the average fuel consumption of 2.1 litres per 100 kilometres and the CO2 emissions figure of 49 grams per kilometre (EU test cycle figures for plug-in hybrid vehicles). The MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4 is thus the perfect vehicle for urban target groups who wish to enjoy the benefits of purely electric mobility when commuting between home and work every day, for example, while at the same time benefiting from unlimited long-distance suitability at the weekend.
The MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4 combines the variable space concept of the new model generation’s largest member with the sustainability of BMW Group eDrive technology and an electrified all-wheel drive system. The front wheels are powered by the combustion engine, the rear wheels by the electric motor. The MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4 is able to run on electricity alone not just in urban traffic but far beyond, too – at a top speed of 125 km/h and with a range of up to 40 kilometres. Drawing on the power of both drive forms, it offers driving fun away from surfaced roads, too. “The plug-in hybrid concept perfectly matches the new MINI Countryman because it offers intelligent all-wheel drive as well as being able to run on electricity alone both in urban areas and over longer distances, too. This is unique in the segment,” says Uwe Seitz, MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4 project manager.
The MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4: an overview of the highlights.
– The brand’s first ever plug-in hybrid model.
– High-quality BMW Group eDrive components, configured to suit this specific model, that draw on expertise gained from the development of BMW iPerformance automobiles.
– 3-cylinder petrol engine and electric motor combine to produce a total system output of 165 kW/224 hp.
– Fuel consumption in the EU test cycle: 2.1 litres/100 km, CO2 emissions: 49 g/km.
– Electric driving at speeds of up to 125 km/h with a range of up to 40 kilometres.
– Novel driving experience due to the electrified all-wheel drive system ALL4.
– Lithium-ion high-voltage battery can be charged at a wallbox in 2:15 hours.
– Three operating modes available for selection via eDrive toggle switch.
– Hybrid-specific displays. (more…)