The electric-powered MINI E, retired from its field trials, is being used at the London 2012 Olympic Games as “[v]enue pool cars for operational usage and supporting the Olympic Torch Relay” while displaying new graphics (see photo).
In addition, MINI introduced the Mini MINI: “This specially developed and designed radio controlled electric car will be used on the field of play in the Olympic Stadium to ferry javelins, discuses, hammers and shots back from the field to the throwing area, saving valuable time during competition.”
- Number in fleet: 3
- 10hp / Zero emissions
- Usage: Field of play vehicle to retrieve javelins, discuses, hammers and shot from the field to the throwing area.
- MINI Hatch design in 1/4 scale
- Lightweight composite bodyshell (Vehicle weight 25kg)
- True Blue paintwork with orange London 2012 Games livery and white roof
- Detailed exterior design including door handles, mirrors, wheel arch finishers, number plates, windscreen wipers and functioning headlights
- Removable sunroof panel for access to the equipment storage area
- Waterproof equipment storage area
- Electric engine, throttled
- Duel vented disc brake
- Heavy duty shock absorbers
- Grass tyres front and rear
Specification of Mini MINI:
Mini MINI dimensions:
- Length: 1100mm
- Width: 500mm
- Height: 400mm
Read the BMW Group PressClub Global press release BMW Group adds one more model to its electric vehicle line up for London 2012.